Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

Or, now we come down to the wire.

Last night was a bust for doing anything useful. I came home, napped, but it was still well beyond my ability to do anything useful. I dithered while thinking I was going to start making the binding any minute now, but at about 8:30 I gave up on that plan and ended up reading a book instead.

There's only so far that stubbornness will take you before you deplete your stores of concentration, and I hit that wall last night.

Also, I wanted more light to see the grain of the fabric before I started making the bias cuts.

So, up this morning, square off my fat quarters, and in doing so I lost enough fabric that I could only get three strips per piece instead of four, which left me with not enough fabric to bind off the quilt. Boo!

I went back to Joann's, managed to get in and out without any major issues or long time in line (they had at least six cashiers working the tills). Then back home and a wee bit more dithering as the latest fat quarter washed and dried. I now have the binding made. My next step is to get the quilt trimmed and squared off, and the binding attatched.

Not a creature was stirring, right. I'm still going to be up past midnight working on this thing!

1 comment:

  1. "There's only so far that stubbornness will take you before you deplete your stores of concentration"

    Someday i will show you my (multiply reworked) schedule for myself for my comic. It gets reworked daily, I swear.

    ReplyDelete